Dress Code Information
It is important for our students to be dressed for success each and every day that they are in school. By following the dress code, students will be prepared and will not miss class time to correct dress code problems. Below is the dress code for Highlands Grove Elementary. If you have any questions or need uniform assistance please let us know.
Mandatory Uniform Information: Masks will be mandatory.
Bottoms: Navy khaki/tan or black
• shorts, pants, Cargo Khaki skorts, skirts, skirted jumpers
• must be plain, solid-color twill, corduroy or denim fabric
• traditional blue jean color is OK for denim
• Appropriate length (Dollar Bill Rule).
Dollar Bill Rule- To determine the acceptable length for shorts, skorts, and skirts simply hold a dollar bill horizontally between the top of the knee and the bottom of the clothing. This will give you the minimum short, skort, or skirt length that is permissible for your child. Please remember that students grow considerably during the school year. Clothing that fits properly in August may be inappropriate by February.
Tops: White, navy, red with collar
• must have long or short sleeves, no tank top
• knit polo-type or woven dress shirts, blouses, turtlenecks
• Highlands Grove Elementary t-shirts (available thru the school office)
• All shirts must be tucked in.
The Uniform Dress Code does not allow for clothing with colored trim, stripes,
embroidery, decoration, etc. It also does not provide for overalls (overalls with pants or shorts), sweat pants, knit pants/skirts, leggings, etc.
Other dress code rules:
• a belt is required if the garment has belt loops
• shirts (including t-shirts) must be tucked in
• Any school sponsors shirt such as field day, red ribbon, walk-a-thon, and/or PBS shirt may be worn throughout the week.
• shoes must be safe and appropriate
• In addition, sandals with backs are ok as long as it is on art/music days. Tennis shoes must be worn on PE days.
• clothes must be appropriate size, with waist of garment worn at student’s waist.
• clothing that is too tight or too loose is not appropriate for school
• a small logo is acceptable
Hair: No colored hair such as green, blue, etc. Hair must be natural looking and not distract from the educational process.
School administrators will determine if clothing is appropriate for school and complies with district rules.